Friday, March 27, 2009

Retail Therapy

(This post is in response to a suggestion kindly offered by Dirt Princess, who showed pictures of her neighbourhood: http://northmobilegardensociety.blogspot.com/2009/03/journey-or-destination-way-i-see-it.html)

Today I am off to do a spot of shopping. So I leave the house,



and set off up the street:



All of the front gardens are different. Some are modern:



Some more traditional:



At the end of the street there are a vet's, a hairdresser's, a fishing tackle shop, a newsagent, a tiny supermarket, and my destination:



Having made my selection, I walk back down the other side, to see different gardens including this one:



Back home again,



... where my purchase is inspected by the quality control department:

4 comments:

  1. Your house is so delightfully charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - to me it looks like a child's drawing of a house; it should be lived in by stick people with pipe-cleaners for hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I loved seeing your charming neighborhood. Yes! It's a wonderful house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea for a post, lovely house too.
    maureen :)

    ReplyDelete