Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walkies and home again

Today the dog and I went for a short walk from the house, to see how the river was getting on.

The ditch along side our local recreation ground was nearly full.



The river was nearly level with the next set of playing fields.



Our usual path was underwater.



Winter trees loomed against a grey sky.



The catkins are here already though.



Back home,



to put some bread in for lunch,



and deliver some tea.




All is as it should be....

5 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see your charming little spot in the world! Thank you for your kind comment at the manor today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. You take a super photograph and I love the way you accompany the image with words. I'm also envious of your setter. When I was growing up, many years ago, a friend of my Dads was the head man in the Gordon Setter Society. He had three beautiful Setters. So I've always loved the breed. I'm a Springer Spaniel type but both of our Spaniels died in the last two years, at 14 and 15 years and we still haven't replaced them. So I miss the excuse for going walkies. But soon, now, quite soon. Keep the Blog going, it's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kevn, that's really encouraging :) I have a feeling Gordon Setters are a bit more settled than ours, although she's only a complete livewire when she's out. I hope you enjoy more walkies with a dog soon!

    ReplyDelete